Shikwari Nature Reserve - Activities
Guided Activities in the Shikwari Nature Reserve
- Game Drive within the Shikwari Nature Reserve – See our Giraffe, Kudu, Wildebeest, Waterbuck, Impala, Inyala, Bushbuck, and Zebra; learn about the flora, fauna, and birds.
- Animal feeding (for health or in drought) you may even get to stroke our Zebra stallion “Little Boy” and in winter feed lucerne to them.
- Bush Walks 6:00 am in summer & 7:00 am in winter (Mornings only).
Other guided activities
in the area
- Guided full-day Big Five Kruger Park trip with bush breakfast, lunch. bottled water & conservation fees included.
- Guided Panorama Route with Lunch at “Harries Pancakes” in Graskop
- Open Vehicle Guided Drive to Kruger Park for 2 to 9 guests, including a guide, bush breakfast, and conservation fees. This is a private drive. for families, couples, and groups of 10.
Game Drives have an age limit – no children under 8yrs.
No child rate for Guided Game Drives as a whole seat is taken.
It may be necessary to hire a Quantum for Children 5-7 year
Game drives into Kruger for larger groups over 10 pax will require two game vehicles & Guides, we get special rates for this and this the cost will be divided and added to the activity per person rate.
Please note that all these trips are not usually private other guests may join the trip. Private trips carry a 50% extra supplement.
Game Drives as well as other most other activities MUST be booked with accommodation.
OTHER ACTIVITIES - Lots to do!
Feeling energetic? There are plenty of exciting adventure activities and sightseeing in the area. We will be happy to make a booking for our guests for any of these fun activities.
Go water rafting, take the Blyde Canyon Boat Cruise, hiking in Swadini and Franklin Park, Quads in Franklin Park, on horse trails, elephant interaction, sightseeing flights, abseiling, hot air ballooning or on the most fantastic Big 5 Drive trip in an open game vehicle to Kruger National Park with Guided or Self Drive. You will be assured of the most amazing safari. Bookings can be done at the main lodge or online with your accommodation. Inquire about our packages. It is best to book well ahead as this area is very popular.
Visit the Kingyonga Reptile Centre where one can see all types of reptiles and listen to a very interesting talk. This is just a few activities there are lots more. Inquire when booking accommodation.
Visit Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre for Wildlife and the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre especially for Cheetah, Wild dog and Ground Hornbill. Visit the Kingyonga Reptile Centre where one can see all types of reptiles and listen to a very interesting talk. This is just a few activities there are lots more. Inquire when booking accommodation.
Kruger National Park
– a must-see! Bucket list stuff.
Full-Day Kruger Park Guided Tours (Booking well ahead Essential)
Three Rondavels, Bourke’s Luck Potholes – God’s Window, and various waterfalls on the R532. Entrance fees required at most sites, cash only.
Full-Day – The Panorama Route (Booking well ahead Essential)
Moholoholo Animal Rehabilitation
Situated at the base of the majestic North Eastern Lowveld Drakensberg mountain range in the Limpopo Province of South Africa, Moholoholo offers a unique experience to all nature enthusiasts.
– Steeped in History! The Old gold rush village, visit the Robbers Grave. and have a drive in the old church that is now a pub.
Blyde Boat Cruise
Enjoy the splendour of the third largest Canyon in the world.
– Sabie Valley Coffee run by Tim & Kim and see how Coffee is produced. Tours on Wednesdays. Bookings are necessary. Their own Coffee and Coffee-related products for sale at their shop at Carsterbridge Shopping Center in White River.
Meet Jessica the Hippo
– Drive towards Hoedspruit and on the left take the turning to Essex Road, the sign for Jessica is just before this turning. She loves her tea and you can help to feed her! Great photo option and the children love it.