Shikwari Nature Reserve - Activities
Guided Activities in the Shikwari Nature Reserve
- Bush Walks 6:00 am in summer & 7:00 am in winter (Mornings only).
- Animal feeding (for health or in drought) you may even get to stroke our Zebra stallion “Little Boy” and in winter feed lucerne to them.
Other guided activities
in the area
- Guided full-day Big Five Kruger Park trip with bush breakfast, lunch. Bottled water & conservation fees included.
- Guided Panorama Route with Lunch at “Harries Pancakes” in Graskop
- Open Vehicle Guided Drive to Kruger Park for 2 to 9 guests, including a guide, bush breakfast, and conservation fees. This is a private drive, for families, couples, and groups of 10.
Game Drives have an age limit – no children under 8yrs.
No child rate for Guided Game Drives as a whole seat is taken.
It may be necessary to hire a Quantum for Children 5-7 year
Game drives into Kruger for larger groups over 10 pax will require two game vehicles & Guides, we get special rates for this and the cost will be divided and added to the activity per person rate.
Please note that all these trips are not usually private other guests may join the trip. Private trips carry a 50% extra supplement.
Game Drives, as well as other most other activities, MUST be booked with accommodation.
Please note that guest for guided drive needs to be guests staying at the lodge.
Regret we are unable to host day-trippers.
OTHER ACTIVITIES - Lots to do!
Blyde Canyon Boat Cruise (various time of day), Hiking in the area, Quad biking, Horse trails, Elephant interaction (no riding), Sightseeing Flights, Abseiling & Zip Line, Hot air ballooning, Water Rafting,
The Panorama Route guided with Lunch & entry fees. Full day drive to see Three Rondavels, Gods Window, Lisbon Fall, The View, Berlin Falls & Bourke’s Luck Potholes.
A fantastic Big 5 Drive trip full day to Kruger National Park in an open game vehicle or a half-day morning drive to a Big 5 private reserve both with Guided. You will be assured of the most amazing safari.
Moholoholo Animal Rehabilitation Centre where they do an amazing job of helping wild animals and returning them to the wild. There is a talk and then one is escorted around to see animals who are unable to be returned to the wild. Visits are only 9:30 am and 3:00 pm.
Visit the Kingyonga Reptile Centre where one can see all types of reptiles and listen to an interesting talk.
For a more relaxing option inquire about our link with a nearby Spa. We can offer ½ treatments with Lunch.
We personally recommend & use this Spa. Great after a Boat Trip at 11 am. Makes for a very relaxing day.
These are just a few of the activities there are lots more. Inquire when booking accommodation Bookings are essential done online with your accommodation booking. Inquire about our packages that include activities.
It is best to book well ahead as this area is popular.
Kruger National Park
– a must-see! Bucket list stuff.
Full-Day Kruger Park Guided Tours (Booking well ahead Essential)
Three Rondavels, Bourke’s Luck Potholes – God’s Window, and various waterfalls on the R532. Entrance fees required at most sites, cash only.
Full-Day – The Panorama Route (Booking well ahead Essential)
Moholoholo Animal Rehabilitation
Situated at the base of the majestic North Eastern Lowveld Drakensberg mountain range in the Limpopo Province of South Africa, Moholoholo offers a unique experience to all nature enthusiasts.
– Steeped in History! The Old gold rush village, visit the Robbers Grave. and have a drive in the old church that is now a pub.
Blyde Boat Cruise
Enjoy the splendour of the third largest Canyon in the world.
– Sabie Valley Coffee run by Tim & Kim and see how Coffee is produced. Their own Coffee and Coffee-related products for sale at their shop at Carsterbridge Shopping Center in White River & don’t for get to try Kim’s AMAZING Chocolate Cake!
Meet Jessica the Hippo
– Drive towards Hoedspruit and on the left take the turning to Essex Road, the sign for Jessica is just before this turning. She loves her tea and you can help to feed her! Great photo option and the children love it.